Friday, March 4, 2011

Sunshine Cake

I am really late in posting this, but I decided that I had to post pictures of Kate's birthday cake. It was so colorful and made us a little anxious for spring!
Kate loves to sing. She sings while playing. She sings during mealtime(usually while she waits for Levi to finish his meal...he's a very slow eater!). She sings while in the bath tub. She sings herself to sleep practically every evening (since she shares a bedroom with her big brother, this can get rather annoying for him sometimes)...but anyway back to the point of this post...
One of the first songs she memorized was "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." So, that is where the idea for this theme on her cake came from.

The interior of the cake was made up of different rainbow colored layers, which made cutting into it really fun to see!

I think our little "Sunshine" enjoyed her birthday cake!

2 comments:

  1. Cute cake! You are one amazing momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is definitely our sunshine! Still laugh when I think about how she shocked us all and blew that candle right out.... haha! :)

    ReplyDelete