Friday, July 11, 2014

Jesse Michael

*I am so behind with updating this blog. But, hopefully in the next month or so, I’ll have a few updates on here! This spring/summer has been busy, that’s for sure! :)

Jesse came into our lives very quickly…and when I say that, I am not joking! When Joel and I got to the hospital, Jesse came less than a half an hour later! We immediately were smitten with this beautiful strawberry-blonde baby boy.

Six and a half pounds of love…IMG_6832IMG_6845IMG_6870IMG_6874

Our other kiddos came to meet this new little guy later that afternoon. They sure loved him too!

IMG_6915IMG_6914IMG_6904IMG_6907IMG_6952

We were so excited when we first laid eyes on him and saw his beautiful strawberry blonde hair!IMG_1623

Baby favors that we handed out to visitors.IMG_7170

And then there were seven…IMG_6921

I only stayed in the hospital for one night and then was anxious to get home. I new it would be busy with 5 little munchkins around, but I was ready to sleep in my own bed and just be in my own environment. We were taken care of very well in the hospital, but it’s still not the same as being in the comfort of your own home. Dr. Post was fine with that, and discharged me the afternoon following delivery.

When I got home, Levi had a sweet surprise posted on the garage door to welcome us back home.

IMG_6970IMG_6966

It was also sweet to walk in the house to this picture…knowing that my kids were taken care of by such loving hands, really was such a blessing. (Thanks so much to Dad, Mom, Sherry, Anna, and others who helped out with the children during this time! We appreciated that so much!)IMG_6971

After supper, Tyler plopped down next to Jesse’s car seat and started “reading” books to him. So cute!IMG_6975

Moriah sure loves Jesse and is so excited that he’s finally here! She was the most anxious of all of our kids to meet him, and would ask on a daily basis, “Is the baby coming yet?”IMG_6979

Three sweet boys…IMG_6985

Taking pictures of this little guy was a lot of work, especially with all the siblings he has trying to “help”! But, I was thrilled to find a few that were pretty sweet after I sat down to edit them.

IMG_7016IMG_7019IMG_7071 b&wIMG_7084

We sure are enjoying this precious baby! It’s so incredible, seeing this sweet little miracle grow. It’s hard to believe he’ll be three months old at the end of this month!  Most of the time, he’s very content and overall a really good sleeper. We’re thankful for this healthy little boy, and are positive that God knows exactly what are needs are. To be totally honest, I was very nervous to have another little one added to our bunch. And while it’s true that it has become busier with an added mouth to feed, laundry to do, time that I need to entertain these children split up even more, etc.…I still believe that God knew exactly what we could handle! I can’t say that it hasn’t been a big adjustment and that we don’t have days that are “hairy”, but overall, we are happy and content and can hardly imagine what life was like before Jesse came!

I should also say that I am very thankful to family and friends who have helped us in various ways during these last few months. We are greatly humbled by you and can’t express our gratitude enough! I have been brought to tears by your generosity and kindness. It’s somewhat overwhelming to know how much we are loved and cared for, not only by you, but also even more so, by our Heavenly Father. To Him be all praise and glory.

Here’s a little video for you to watch from when Jesse was 3 weeks old. (Just try not to get annoyed with my voice on here… :)

Jesse - 3 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment